Carthage Street Cooking Fire
By Department Chief Mike Cameron
November 15, 2020

On Sunday, November 15, 2020 Cypress Pointe Fire/Rescue along with our automatic aid partners Carthage Fire/Rescue, Whispering Pines Fire/Rescue, Moore County EMS and the Moore County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a structure fire on Carthage Street in Cameron.
When Engine 221 arrived they reported smoke showing and made entry with an attack line and started extinguishing the fire while additional personnel conducted a search for occupants.
The fire was extinguished in the kitchen but smoke was throughout the house so fire department staff used positive pressure ventilation to remove the smoke from the house.
The Red Cross was contacted to find temporarily accommodations for the two occupants. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.